Wednesday 12 September 2007

Lonely, I'm mister lonely,
I have nobody to call my own;


I used to sing that song when I was younger. It kinda gets to you when you hear it. Being lonely - a very sad and depressing word. The question that has been playing on my mind is 'Can you feel lonely whilst in a relationship?' I mean you feel lonely when you don't have friends. You feel lonely when you don't have someone to love, a boyfriend or a girlfriend I mean. You feel lonely when you can't see beyond today and it gets you down. But then can you get lonely when you do have someone? Can you get lonely when you are with someone? Can you get lonely when you are amongst friends?

I too have my lonely days. I am not perfect. You might see me bubbly and happy all the time, but I do get lonely. Sometimes when I am alone at night, loneliness pays me a visit. I wish I have someone whom I could call and talk to, just chat. I would feel disconnected from the world and it would seem to me that everyone's having fun but me! Everyone has a husband, a wife, a girlfriend,a boyfriend except me! On a bad day when it really gets to me, I do cry (yes, again I am human) Sometimes I would text a few people just to disturb them, but then not everyone likes to be disturb ;-) I was chatting with a friend last night and he told me that he is very lonely these days. I don't know what to say really. How do you cure a lonely heart? Find a mate? Find someone to marry? Do married people never feel lonely? Does marriage keep loneliness away?

Being alone and being lonely are 2 different matters. You can be alone and not lonely, or you can be among people and still feel lonely. The worse is being alone and lonely. That is when you are really down at the dumps. What about feeling lonely whilst in a relationship? Can that happen? I suppose it can. When you are in a relationship but does not feel 100% connected to that person, you feel lonely. You feel as if you are the only person in that relationship, and he just doesn't care. How then will that relationship work? Will you then walk away from that and start anew? Or do you stick around and work through that hurdle, identify why it happens and try something new before giving up altogether? A wise person once said marry a person you love talking with, coz in the end when all things fail, conversation will keep the relationship and love alive.

I have questions in my mind that will still be there tomorrow. There are no guarantees that my life will never be lonely. There are no guarantees that the person I am in a relationship will never feel lonely. I wish I could be like the wildflowers and be happy all the time but then I am only human. I can only hope for the best in any situation and when it does happen, recognise that as something that is out of my control and accept it as it is, and then move on. I could try not to be lonely but everyone gets hit by one time or another in their life. It sucks, but then that is life.

I guess this song sums up how I feel sometimes, I'll sing it to you but then you can't hear me :-)

Lonely Won't Leave Me Alone


Why do I seem to be caught up inside a dream
All my life, it's always been my shadow and me
Over my shoulder there's always a voice somewhere
Saying I never should try to set my heart free

I wish that love would come and take me in her arms
Show me what I've never known.
Where I could hold someone words like right and wrong
Just fade away like yesterday

Lonely won't leave me alone
Lonely won't leave me alone
Why, tell me why, won't even let me fall in love
Oooooh everywhere I go always by my side
Won't even let me fall in love

I try and say I love you but the words won't come through
In my eyes, see all the tears and sad memories
Why can't I start out new and leave that old feeling too far behind
I guess that lonely needs company
Around each bend of road
I'm thinking that in time there will be that rainbow's end
But when I follow those self illusions
I find that it's only lonely and me again

I wish that love would come
And take me home


No comments: