Thursday 20 September 2007

An eye opener

Today I attended a course on how to spot fraudulent documents. It's been quite some time since I attended a course, I was actually looking forward to it! We looked at the security features on documents such as the passport. You'd be surprised at how easy it is to detect certain security features of a document just by using light. Turn the document at this angle and you can see certain features, turn it another angle and see something else! :-) We also learned to check whether a money note is genuine or not. I used to have cashiers at checkout checking out the RM50 notes I gave using uv light. I wonder if they know what they are looking for..hehe... We also checked out some fraudulent documents, feeling the texture, putting it against the light to see its security features, shining uv lights on it, checking what was there and what was not there. We also learned to detect impostors!! Ahh well..all in all it was fun and very informative, and we all decided that we would go home and check our passport.

No comments: