Friday 14 September 2007

Having a day off today, but not very sure if it's a good thing or not. The reason? Woke up to a gloomy weather (as it always is these day) and now it has turned into a full bloom gale outside. I did manage to get some things done though :-) which was good. I did my laundry and had a hair cut, which was about time I would say, as it has grown long and out of style - yeah, on a bad day, I look terrible.. hahha.. on a good day, it looks just as worse! Anyway, the beauty about having a haircut here is that it is done in less that 1/2 hour (15 mins for mine for I don't have that much hair.. haha) and then you can leave.. Don't have to wait coz they don't blow dry for you. YEP! you leave the salon in wet hair. If you want to have your hair washed and blown dry, then you have to pay more. Which makes me miss the hair salons at home. I used to pay RM15 for a cut, wash and dry. I think it is a good bargain. That is when I go to my hairdresser. If I go the the posh ones at the shopping malls, then I have to fork out at least RM 40, maybe more these days. Here I pay $20 for a cut, $35 extra if I want to blow dry and style!! Ouch!!! That's a lot of money. So, a miser that I am these day, I pay $20 and go home and wash and dry myself :-)

So, what does one do on a day like this? I suppose the best thing to do is to sit home and hibernate, watch a couple of dvds (errrrr... not today coz I didn't get any) and finish reading the book I borrowed. I could always do some spring cleaning - hmmm.. that's a good idea.. perhaps later.. or maybe re-arrange the furniture, though I can't see how else I could arrange the one sofa that I have in this small space... or maybe take out the maths book and so some mathematical problems to keep my brain up to date... hmmmm.... we'll see :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope to see your new hairstyle on your blog. JL

Anonymous said...

Yikes!! That means I need to take a pic.. wait till I look my best first :) Let me give u a clue - no matter how I cut my hair, I still look the same, none prettier.. haha

beth