Monday 13 August 2007

Today I am wearing my baju kebaya (top only) with a pair of pants, something I cannot get to do back home (to work that is). Which reminds me of going to work back home - where we are always dressed up for the day, be it in a full set of baju kurung or kebaya, or a skirt and blouse or a dress (almost all the time tailored) with proper heels and handbag and make-up(not for me though :-) ) I prefer the face powder and lipstick. Some of my colleagues came to work in the entire make-over, blusher, mascara etc etc, which was nice. We found out that students love to learn from pretty and well dressed teachers!! Ha ha.. Especially in boys school!! (remember Ros??) In the girls school where I worked, students were always conscious of what the teachers wear, and don't wear. So one has to be careful of what one puts or not put on :-) I remember a colleague who always dressed up when she came to school, matching shoes and handbag, jewellery adorning her ears, neck and fingers, and the students just simply love her. She retired soon after I joined the staff but even at that age she looked very prim and proper and presentable. I think it is the same in boys school - I think they are even cheekier that girls. They could count the number of dresses you have and even tell you if all your clothes have the same fashion!! I think Ros remembers this very well :-) Anyway, back to my kebaya today, it is something different that what people here wear to work. Oh I don't wear my baju kurung or my sets of tailored skirt and blouse to work because the normal work attire is office clothes, jacket and all. In winter time like now, people wear slacks with 2 to 3 layers of tops. The favourite colours - black and brown!! I do see the occasional red. In summer, clothes are more colourful but unfortunately, office wear stays the same, except perhaps using the skirts more than the pants. Ahh well.. perhaps I will go and get some colourful tops for spring and summer. After all, spring is just round the corner :-) Yippieeee!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: