Friday 22 June 2007

Today's Quote

Change your thoughts, and you change your world.

-Norman Vincent Peale

The mind is a powerful thing. Think of beautiful things, and you will be beautiful, think evil thoughts and you will have the evil look.. haha.. A friend once told me a story of a girl who wanted to marry a handsome rich man, live in a huge mansion and drives a luxury car. So she put up a pic of a handsome guy, a huge mansion and a luxury car and she looked at them every morning. She set her mind to her goal and to cut the story short, she achieved her goal not long after that :-) See how strong the mind can be??? Ah well, I tried that and it has never worked for me!!!! hahaha.. Moral of the story is - it only happens to certain people.. :-) or maybe I am just not that fortunate.. hmmmm....

Which brings me to my next thought - some people have all the luck while others have to work extra hard.. why is that?? Is this the case of the grass being greener on the other side? Maybe..For example, my married friends envy me for my single status, and I envy them for their double status.. haha.. not that I don't want to have someone. Hey if I were, I wouldn't be here now!!! :-) Anyway, coming back to this luck thingy, I have friends who hop from man to man, finding a man for them is no complex challenge. I say challenge coz I also have friends who tried and tried and still haven't found the one. Well, it is a challenge to me too :-) I find a hot sexy handsome one, and he is not available, I find a rich one and he is old..or worse, married.. hahaha.. Friends say I am too picky, well who wouldn't when it comes to a man you love, yes? Sometimes it is sad, but then like they say, if he is yours,he is yours. Who knows I might meet him tomorrow, if I put my mind to it :-)

Ahh but all is not lost in my world, I am also lucky coz I get to come to this beautiful country to live and meet some beautiful people, the people you see in this blog :-) And I am thankful for them..everyday

No comments: