Thursday 28 June 2007

In search of a photo folder

It all started with my colleague looking for a cardboard that we can slot a photo in (we didn't know what it is called :-)),like these



Ok, something like that, shouldn't be that hard.I've seen it before. Just call a photo shop and they should have it, right?? Well, that's what I thought..hehe... What I didn't expect was to spend a good part of my morning and the afternoon looking for a place that does sell it!! Unbelievable?? Haha.. I surf the yellow pages, white pages, google and nobody has the product. Some even asked, 'You mean an album??' or 'What's that?' I had to explain what it looks like.. 'Err..you know, a piece of cardboard that you can slot a picture in? Like the ones you get when you take pictures at the zoo.." It was sooo hard trying to explain something you do not know the name of. Finally, after surfing for hours, I found a website that shows the product that we wanted, 'a photo folder'. Aha!! Finally indeed!! I called them yes,they do make phot folders and yes, I can order from them. I was so happy I quickly made the order and told my colleague that it was all done!! Or so I thought.

Half an hour after placing that order, I received a call from the lady whom I put my order through. She apologised, saying that they couldn't accept my order because I only wanted 11!!! The minimum order was 200!! My happiness was shattered!! I was back on the searching game. The lady was kind enough to suggest another type of folder - a two photo book



The only problem was they only have white ones (we wanted black ones, and as usual they always seem to run out of colours that you want). Told her I would consult my boss and call her back. Meanwhile I continued searching on the net, hoping against hope that I would find another company that makes them. I just couldn't believe that no one else makes them apart from this company. Well, as expected I didn't have any luck. I scanned through the website again, looking for other products that I could use. They have all sorts of things, frames, magnetic fridge frames, etc etc.. and then something click.. perhaps we could use mats with meaning



It's a long shot but it could just work. So I called the lady again and asked if I could use the mat with meaning, and instead of the writing if I could replace it with a slot for a picture. She put me on hold to ask her boss, and when she came back online, she said, 'Yes!! We would make it for you.' Imagine the relief I felt.. :-) And the price she quoted wasn't that bad either.

I spent a day looking for a photo folder!!! Haha.. what an adventure for an otherwise boring day!!

No comments: