Wednesday 27 June 2007

Culinary experiment

Yeap, that's right.. experiment.. hehe..

Last night I attempted cooking curry chicken for the first time. Now how does one cook curry chicken? I have seen my mother done it a million times, but having not done so myself, this is indeed a 'great experience'!! So,what do you do when mom is not around to give some instructions?? Find a friend who knows!!! and who better to ask than my good friend Vandana. Vandana gave me a variety of ways but I told her.."No, no.. just the simplest way please!!!" :-) And this is what she said, "Brown the onions, put in the chicken, add the curry powder, make sure the chicken is cooked then add some water. Add other ingredients that you like, carrots, potatoes etc and finally add the coconut milk." Easy peasy... or you would think..haha

First, I needed to cut the chicken into pieces.. hmmm.. pieces.. a chopping knife came to mind, the huge one that mom uses.. hehe.. I don't have that. I look at the chicken and thought very hard.. no chopping knife, now what??? I have a small kitchen knife and a pair of kitchen scissors, and thought it might just work. After much effort, voila!! it's done.. not bad :-) Next, I prepared the rest of the ingredients and I was ready to start my 'experiment'.. ok, I won't detail what happened during cooking time but it came out quite OK :-)

Was it delicious?? Well, Martin said it was good :-) (Thanks Martin) I think for a first timer at curry chicken, it was not too bad, could use with a little more curry powder though ..haha ..

Next experiement - drunken chicken!!! This time I think I have to call mom!!! haha :-) then maybe I will try a hand at roast..hmm.. which reminds me, I need to clean the oven (has planned to do so since I moved in!)

No comments: