Saturday 28 April 2007




City of Rockingham, another city on the south worth visiting indeed.I was there this morning and it is indeed a beautiful city. So where exactly is Rockingham? It's a holiday resort, 47km south of Perth. History sees Rockingham as one of the earliest settlements in WA.In the early days, Rockingham was a busy port for the timber industry, shipping Jarrah and Sandalwood overseas. Nowadays, it is a popular tourist destination. It is by the beach and many people buy houses there as their weekend getaway place..If I have money, I would also like to invest in a house there for it is a nice place. Life is slow and peaceful. It is about 30 mins drive from the city and I guess on weekends people spend time at the park, overlooking the sea. Properties are selling for prices ranges between 200k to 800k. There is huge shopping mall on Read St, and if I were to stay there I think that's where I would be spending my weekend..hahah.. There is a park on where people go and spend the time, Churchill Park. The only thing I found odd was that there was not that many shops open, eating places I mean. We were trying to look for food but most of the restaurants were closed. Perhaps they only open at night?? The ice cream parlour was very popular though, for even though it was quite cold today, people still go and buy ice cream
:-) When we left Rockingham at about 4 pm, there was a band playing at the park, and people were beginning to crowd the place. We might be going back to Rockingham soon, but I will remember it as a peaceful place worth visiting.

No comments: