Monday 2 July 2007

Wet, Stormy Monday

We are still experiencing strong wind and patches of heavy rain.Luckily for me, it didn't rain when I left for work and when I got off the bus to walk home. I was all ready though, to face the storm, with my big umbrella and raincoat :-) but I guess if it had rained, I would still be soaked through.. haha.. The severe wind yesterday has caused a lot of destruction - trees fell, buildings damaged, roads flooded, and some suburbs are still without power. This morning the wild weather creating major traffic jam, with water from the Swan River washed onto the freeway and flooded the road. This is the first storm I experienced since I arrived in Perth. I suppose everyone welcomes the much needed rain as Perth has been very dry for sometime now, it's just that the enormity of the wind and rain was just too overwhelming. Weather forecast for tomorrow - still more rain to come :-)

No comments: