Wednesday 25 July 2007



Now aren't these beautiful :-) A sea of tulips.. *well.. almost .. hehe* I have heard that there is a tulip farm (ahem.. a botanical garden) here in WA, must go and visit someday. I've always loved tulips, I remember seeing pictures of them for the first time when my dad came home from his jamboree trip to Europe. He brought home postcards showing this lovely flowers and I was thinking then that one day I will visit Amsterdam and see them myself. Well, I would still love to visit Amsterdam, but I think since it is grown in abundance here, I would go and visit. The annual Yates Springtime at Araluen Festival which runs from July 28 to October 1 displays massed Tulips and other spring flowers, including Daffodils, Jonquils, Azaleas, Camellias, Magnolias and Lilacs. Each year about 100,000 bulbs are planted in an area that has an a set up of an ancient roman ruin complete with water features and an arcade of olive trees. I will post pics when I do go for a visit :-)

No comments: