Sunday 22 July 2007

Harry Potter craze...


Yeap..it's a craze coz people lined up as early as midnight Friday, in the rain and cold, I might add, waiting for bookstores to open at 7.01am Saturday. Harry Potter: The Deathly Hallows is the 7th and last book of the series..or is it? Well, I haven't read the book, but a friend who did yesterday morning, and yes, she pre-ordered the book 3 months back, said it was a 'Good Ending' :-) Now, does that mean that Harry survived the Hallows? The book review in The West this morning gave an interesting account of what to expect in the book, and it says whatever you do, do not fast forward reading as it will ruin the story and won't make much sense. And 'do not put it down once you pass page 464!!'Sounds very very interesting. Now, I am not a 'HP fan per se' but I enjoyed the movies :-) Perhaps I should go and get a copy of the book and see what it's all about...hmm..now that's a thought. But then again, I would need to read the other books in order to get in track with the story now, wouldn't I? I wonder if the library has the other HP books?? According to the review, book 6 is where Prof Dumbledore died, but I was told that in Book 7 his death is planned... hmm.. perhaps I could do without reading Book 6 and just jump to Book 7...or perhaps I will just wait for the movie.. hehe :-D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Professor Dumbledore's death isn't the only thing that happens in book 6 (Harry Potter and the half Blood Prince). Ideally you will need to read the entire series to get a good understanding of the storyline.

Anonymous said...

Thanks:-) Guess i can't escape reading Book 6!

Bea