Wednesday 17 October 2007

A tale of a man and a fly

Every morning on the bus there is this guy who would sit next to me despite so many available seats. I don't mind him much, what I find uncomfortable is his smell. I think it is his aftershave. So every morning I pray that someone would sit next to me so that he would go and sit somewhere else and somehow God NEVER seem to answer my prayer :-( Ok, ok...I know it is bad, but I just can't help myself. And when you have set your mind against something, that something seems to magnify, and so was the smell! So today, as usual I prayed hard that he would choose another seat, and as usual he came and sat next to me. Now while his smell was evaporating, in came a fly. Yes a fly that went buzzing here and there. Then it landed on the window sill next to me and it just sat there. Observing closely, I saw it moving its rear legs against its body, as if to clean the body. This went on for a while, until it switched to its front legs, this time over its head. Over and over it did this. Then it turned around and repeated the whole thing. It might be something that flies do but frankly, I think it's the smell!!! Hahahha... then after all that it stopped and rested.. well more like fainted!!! Hahahaha... if a fly could faint, imagine how strong the smell can be! It was still 'fainted' when I left the bus.... Hahhaha... I am just being silly... but hey it kept my mind off the smell.... :-)

I hope he doens't read blogs and came across this ... yikes!!!

No comments: