Monday 24 March 2008

This long weekend brought me down South to visit Anda and Nicolas. It took me 3 hours to get there, after a short detour into Safety Bay.. heheh.. that's because I missed a turning. But all was not lost as I discover that Safety Bay was actually a very pleasant place. Situated in the City of Rockingham, about 40 mins from Perth I actually felt comfortable being there :-) That's the wonders of being lost, you get to discover new places!! Stopped by the petrol station to ask for direction and 15 mins or so later I was back on track. It was good experience.

Anyway, last night we went out for dinner at a small country town, Balingup, about 40 mins from Boyanup. Right there in the heart of the small town ( and believe me when I say small ) was this small french restaurant Fre-Jac, which serves french du pain and delicious cuisine. They even serve escargot! Now everything I learnt in french class was put into use last night, when reading the menu. But luckily there was a translation to every menu listed!! hahah...

Today as I was driving home, I prayed that I wouldn't miss a turn again, and thanks to Nicolas' clear instruction, I was able to avoid some traffic and got home just before 4pm. This Easter has indeed been a time well spent, in church and with good friends.

p/s didn't take any pics though :-) sorry..

No comments: