Friday 21 March 2008

The Thirteen Apostle, the book I am currently reading. Written by Michael Benoit, it talks about the thirteenth disciple of Jesus. As we all know there are only 12 disciples but according to this, there is apparently a no 13. I have read a few books that contradict our catholic belief, and this is by far the most challenging of all. It is not easy when someone tells you what you believe in all your life might be false, and so it helps to read with an open mind. I have not finished reading yet but I am sure it will be faith challenging till the end.

Sometimes when reading books like this, I wonder if there are any truth in them. The books talks about the hidden secrets of the church, and the constant search for the truth. This book refers to the ancient scrolls found in the caves at Qumran, and the writer presents some very convincing storyline. If you are contemplating reading this book, then all I can suggest is to read it with an open mind :-)

No comments: