Thursday 8 February 2007

I've always thought that working in a foreign country is very different, or is it? Today I discover that it is not entirely true. Although the working culture has a distinct difference, some human attitude remains the same wherever you are.

There is this lady at work, who is trying very hard to create trouble for me and my friend. I'm not saying that she is a bad person, I think she just doesn't like new people. She doesn't like to hear that new staff members are hardworking and helpful.I think she has the the-world-can't-run-without-me syndrome. To her we are management spies, 007??? :-)

In a way I feel sorry for her. She is miserable. She is paranoid. I have worked with people like her before and they don't make life easier. She is the kind of person that makes working life less enjoyable, the kind of person you wish would just leave. Why is she behaving in such a way? Why does she accuse people of spying on her? I also feel sorry for my friend, coz she has to bear the brunt of her accusation and bad mood every day. I don't think she is a bad person, just a little disillusioned.

I guess wherever you are, there will always be people who like that. It is the norm of life.

No comments: