Tuesday 2 January 2007

Stranger land-this is what I call this place, for I am a stranger in this beautiful land. And it is beautiful, you just have to come and see it, or just take my word for it..hehe.. not that Sabah is not beautiful, it is just a different kind of beauty. But seriously speaking, the air is much cleaner and fresher, and not only that, public places as well. Which makes me wonder, where did we (the educators) go wrong in teaching our young ones about the importance of cleanliness????? Just remembering the dirty public toilets makes me cringe...eeeeeuuuuuu...ahh but that is another story..another blog :-)

I have been here since July and never a dull moment.. except the time when I first arrived and didn't know what to do or where to go. 2 months or so without direction, applied for jobs and got rejected over and over and over. In my mind I kept seeing myself going home and back to my old job and old life... yikeessss... scary... I was beginning to lose hope. Despite all my qualification and experience, I just couldn't get an interview offer - no interview, no job!! It is as simple as that.. Pray!!! Hard!! everyday and everynight, asking the big fella above to hear my plea....and I think He did, for he brought me here and led me to where I am now.. and I am very thankful everyday. I met good, helpful people who are my new friends in this stranger land and it feels GOOD!!!

I have a good job, a place of my own and friends and relatives - who could ask for more?? Ahhh.. but then I do miss my family, my friends, my car (here I rely on public transport, which is reliable can't complain) ... I miss my sweet Yan Yan and Ally, and the way Yan yan calls me 'Tu Tu' ... and the family breakfast on Sundays when we would gather at Chicken Hut or KFC for breakfast after church.. hehe.. I miss that.. or friends whom I hang out with..share gossips with..etc etc..

Life in stranger land is not so strange anymore. Yesterday my cousin asked me, 'Do you like it here? You don't miss home?' Naaa... as much as I miss home, I do enjoy being here and being apart of the working society. Above all I like my new life, it makes me feel like a new person.. :-)

No comments: